Computer and Network Security Lab (LaSER)
LaSER system security lab is an associate member of Syssec (System Security Research)
LaSER Lab Twitter Account :-)
LaSER Lab Security Reading Group: a weekly seminar for discussion
of research papers, emerging problems, interesting issues in computer and
A complete list of topics/papers that will be discussed in next weeks during the SRG.
The research focus on system computer security. In particular, our interests range from vulnerability analysis (both in web applications and executable code) to malware analysis and intrusion detection. More in details, the main topics of our research are:
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Binary Analysis
- Cyber Security
- Large Scale of Data analysis
- Kernel Malware Security Research
- Security Research
- Forensics Analysis
- 14/10/2015: Evento Clusit ECSM. Click here for a summary.
- 18/11/2014: Inauguration of Pwn Wednesday Nerds. Click here for more information.
- 23/10/2014: University of Milano team participated to HACK.LU CTF 2014. Click here for a summary.
- 2/10/2014: Evento Clusit ECSM. Click
- 10/02/2014: New theses are now available.
- 24/09/2011: ChocolateMakers participated to CSAW CTF 2011. Click here for a summary.
- 24/09/2010: We qualified for CSAW Finals under the alternative name of fuffateam (only three or four of our team members took part to the competiton so we didn't use our official team name). Unfortunately, not being a Continental U.S. Team we won't take part to the finals.
- 20/03/2010: Guard@MyLan0 unfortunately won't take part to the CTF finals because of the lack of funds.
- 13/03/2010: We qualified for CODEGATE 2010 CTF! Click here for a summary and here for the final scores.
- 04/12/2009: We partecipated to iCTF 2009 and managed to get up to the 3rd position! Thanks to UCSB Seclab for the great challenge!
- 08/03/2009: We qualified for CODEGATE 2009 CTF! Click here for a summary and here for the final scores. Thanks to Beistlab for the great challenge ;-)
- 8-10/08/2008: We partecipated to DEFCON 2008 CTF Finals! Click here for a summary and here for the final scores. Thanks again to Kenshoto for the great CTF ;-)
- 01/06/2008: We qualified for DEFCON 2008 CTF! Click here for a summary and here for the final scores. Thanks to Kenshoto for the great challenge ;-)
- 12/05/2008: We have started a Security Reading Group, open to everyone interested in computer security topics. Further information can be found here.
- 12/01/2008: We have added a web page with past theses. The page can reached from the "Teaching" section, or you can click here. We'll try to keep it updated ;-)
- 07/12/2007: The team "Chocolate Makers" wins the UCSB Capture The Flag contest! Here is a summary and the final score.